. Report to the related Public Security organ or local police station where the passport was lost.
II. Declare the loss of your passport to the Chengdu Public Security Bureau Exit-Entry Administrative Office, and submit the following materials / documents.
1. Document of reporting loss issued by the local police station where the passport was lost.
2. Letter of employment or invitation from the relevant employment organization or travel agency.
3. Copy of the lost passport or other foreign certificates that can prove your identity (i.e. ID card, driver's license, social insurance card etc.).
4. Proof of accommodation in Chengdu, such as room card of hotel, or accommodation registration form from the local police station where you reside.
5. A recently taken 2-inch photo showing the full facial features of the applicant and without any extraneous objects or obstructions.
III. Be sure to receive the new passport or travel document at your embassy or consulate in China within 30 days of reporting the loss and a Chinese visa should be applied immediately at the relevant Public Security Bureau.
Those who do not receive the new passport and report to the Public Security Bureau will be considered illegal residents and punishable by law. IV. Inquiry Hotlines: 028-86407074.